Appointed by the Mayor Carol D. will be the new Committee chair for the "Community Led" Society Hill Catfish Committee. Ann B. will co-chair with her. Officials elected were Scott D. (me) as Sectary, Becky H. Treasurer , Kathy C. as Committee Head.
Officers are expected to:
Will keep meeting minutes
Will submit paper work to the State
Will keep the books.
Will give detailed Monthly Financial Reports at Meetings
Helps with getting people involved
Keeps and Eye on other area of Committee
Helps where needed
Point of Contact
The first order of business was to vote on moving the date of the festival for next year back to the first weekend in November. That vote passed with all members in favor, this will help attendance since the Rosenwald reunion will be present that weekend as well.
The Committee also voted:
- To have No Candy in this years parade. With all members in favor that this causes problems with people and children getting into the road.
- To look into charging an entry fee for the parade next year. This will be discussed the next meeting. This year there will be NO fee to enter the parade.
- To not book professional Entertainment groups as in the pass. This year the committee plans to bring local talent to the stage. The Community will be encouraged to help with this.
- To reduce the amount of prize and award categories for the Car Show. This will help reduce costs related to prizes and payouts.
- NOT to host a Stew Cook Off.
Over the next few weeks the committee will be looking to the citizens and friends of the town for support. The next meeting will be Monday September 17th 2007 at 5:30pm in the Town Hall. Everyone is encourage to attend and participate in this years event...